Visas – Citizenship, Marriage, Residency

Visas – Citizenship, Marriage, Residency

Visas – Citizenship, Marriage, Residency. A visa is a temporary pass that allows a person, group, or family to enter a country for a specified period of time for a specific purpose. There are many different visas that can be obtained to gain access to the United States. Selecting which visa is right for you and completing the necessary application process can be difficult and time consuming. If mistakes are made during the application process, you may be forced to start the process again. Common non-immigrant visas include:
•Fiancé Visa – A fiancé visa, also known as a K-1 visa, allows a U.S. citizen to bring their significant other into the United States with the intent of marrying that person within 90 days of entering the country. Once the couple is married, the foreign spouse can apply for permanent residency (a Green Card).

•Student Visa – Student visas allow people from overseas to further their education in the United States.

•Work Visa – There are a wide variety of business visas. Foreigners who wish to work in the USA must obtain one of several different visas that vary depending upon the unique work situation. For example, a person with a business investment in the United States must obtain an E-1, E-2, or E-3 visa depending upon their particular investment situation. People outside of the country who wish to work in the United States on a temporary assignment must obtain H-1B visas. And people working for an international company who wish to be transferred to a U.S. office must get L-1 visas.

Please Call For A Free Consultation Today – 703-927-2791.

Citizenship and Permanent Residency

•Adjustment of Status – If you’re already a temporary resident of the United States, you can use a process known as adjustment of status to “upgrade” your status to a permanent resident without returning to your country of origin.

•Consular Processing – Consular processing is another method for gaining permanent residency in the United States that involves working through your home country’s consulate or embassy. Consular processing can allow an immigrant to obtain permanent residency in the U.S. before arriving to the country.